Sunday, July 3, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge--Day 3

The first song I ever heard--My Mom was always playing music.  The first song I remember hearing multiple times was "Drip, Drip, Drop, Little April Showers" from the Bambi soundtrack.  I was 4.  I don't have that on my iPod though, and since that is a stipulation I made for myself, sorry, no Bambi video.  The first song on my iPod I remember hearing is "Just the Two of Us" by Grover Washington, Jr.  I was 8 or 9 and the cool college guy next door played it all the time.  Our houses were a stones throw away, and we both kept our windows open.  I'm probably fortunate that's all I heard at that tender age. 

I have the straight-up Grover Washington, Jr. version and Will Smith's version that he sang about his son, Jaden.  Both are sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment