Monday, July 4, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge--Day 4

Song that makes me smile:  Audio Adrenaline's Big House.

I smile at the debate my DH and I always have when hearing it together. The song has a line about God having a big, big yard where we can play football.  I argue that they mean soccer, what the majority of the world calls football and the game you actually play with your feet.  He argues that it's talking about American football, a game that is misnamed IMHO since players carry the ball in their hands.

I smile wistfully, too, at the simplicity of the song. "All I know is you need love, and I've got a family. . . . Come and go with me to my Father's house." It cuts across ideologies, hang-ups, and anger and highlights the Father's love and desire for everyone to accept His love and hospitality.  I know for most people that Christianity isn't so simple.  It always has been for me.  God loves me, I want to be in heaven with Him, so what do I have to do for that to happen.   Believe that Jesus is Lord and that God raised him from the dead.  I guess this song makes me cry, too, for those who won't/can't believe that truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment